Friday, February 20, 2009

My Birthday gift to my Best Friend


I can now share with you all the Pearsalls silk stumpwork kit that I have just stitched for my best friend Pierrette whose birthday is a few days after mine, this design is not only stitched onto silk dupion but the threads used for the project were also real silk which I find joy to stitch with.


We made a pact that we would not open our gifts until we had both received them from each other as we live across the pond from each other.


Today was the day, my gift from Pierrette had arrived a couple of weeks ago but I had not opened it until my gift to her had arrived which is what it did today. We both had other gifts from each other but these are the special gifts that we had both made for each other.

4 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Thanks again, Terry, for the wonderful gift. Just love it :-)

Will soon bring it to the framer when collecting Angelina.

Pierrette =^..^=

Anonymous said...

Terry, I just discovered your blog and I am in awe of your stumpwork. It is not something that I do but I sure admire other peoples work. Hope you will visit my blog someday.
http://stitchlady.wordpress.com

Vivian said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Very unique.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. If you check back, I'll look at the brand on the dye pencils.
The first time I saw them, it was a friend from C&G ... so, you may have them in the UK.

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

- stumpwork is my next thing to learn